As part of our process to help advisors remain compliance with the new SEC Marketing Rule, the following updates were made to the Performance page of the PDF report.
- The Performance page now starts with a cumulative return chart. The default time period can be changed by clicking on the chart. Previously, this chart was shown on a subsequent page.
- The metrics table has been updated to separate Performance and Risk metrics. These tables will be displayed with the default time frames of 1yr, 3yr, 5yr, 10yr. The new SEC Marketing Rule mentions that if using hypothetical performance in your advertising, you should include 1-, 5-, and 10-year time periods, if available. However, you can edit these time frames if you wish.
- Advisory fees, rebalancing assumptions and other key stats are provided in their own tables for better clarity.
- Optionally add up to 3 additional charts to the Performance page. These charts are displayed above the Risk Metrics table.
- Risk metrics are in a separate table. The time frames for the risk metrics are inherited from the performance table above. Edit which risk metrics are displayed by clicking on the table.
- If the portfolio returns are hypothetical and make use backfilled data for the time frames shown, details of this history extension are provided at the end of the Performance pages.