To adjust portfolio weights:
- click on the portfolio pie chart, or
- click on the "Weight" column of the portfolio positions table.
Either of these actions opens the weights editor:
You may adjust a weight for a position by:
- dragging the slider
- typing a number in the white box
- use the up and down arrows on the right side of the white box
When done, you can Apply Changes to set the weights to your portfolio, or Cancel to close the window without applying the changes.
Whenever you change a weight, this editor automatically adjusts the other weights so that the total adds up to 100%. Click on the lock icon to prevent the automatic adjustment of a position.
- Round weights: adjust all positions up or down to the nearest round number. Positions which are locked are not affected by this operation.
- Equal weights: spread the percentage allocation equally among the positions. Positions which are locked are not affected by this operation.
- Reset: set all weights back to their value when you first opened the weight editor. If any position is locked, it becomes unlocked.