Accounts held at Schwab Institutional can be linked into Portfolio Lab. For linked accounts, the portfolio data is refreshed every night from from Schwab to Kwanti.
Only the positions are transferred. The portfolio history (transactions) is not transferred, so Portfolio Lab will not show the actual performance of the Schwab portfolios.
To activate the feed, two LOA (Letter of authorization) must be sent to Schwab Technical Services. The first LOA is signed by your firm; the second LOA is signed by Kwanti.
- Download a LOA and fill the form according to the instructions
- Request Kwanti LOA by sending an email to email@example.com. Indicate the name of your firm (as appears on your LOA) and the Schwab master account number.
- Fax your LOA and Kwanti LOA to Schwab Technical Client Services (877-242-2772)
- Within approximately three business days, we will confirm activation of the link.
Once activated, select Import->Schwab from Portfolio Lab main screen. To link an account:
- Select the account from the list
- Click 'Import'
- Positions (refreshed every day at 8am EST with data from previous close)
If you select more than one account, their positions will be grouped and the resulting portfolio will have merged positions from the accounts.