Using Microsoft Excel format you may import portfolio data from most systems.
The import function is accessible from the portfolio list view:
Follow these steps to import a portfolio:
1. Obtain a CSV (.csv) file for the portfolio
In Excel, you can create a CSV file by using the ' Save as' command, and 'Save as type' CSV as shown on this screenshot:
(please note that your version of Excel may look slightly different.)
2. Upload the CSV file into Portfolio Lab
3. Designate the 'Symbol' and (if applicable) the 'Shares' or 'Weights' columns
- the column containing the symbols (tickers)
- the column containing the number of shares or weights, if desired
Portfolio Lab will import the two columns you designate, and ignore all others.
4. Review the information and confirm the import
- the spreadsheet header line if present
- positions which are in excess of the 250 positions limit
Portfolio Lab reports the final number of lines to be imported.
Click "Import" when done reviewing.