If an asset is not available in Kwanti's database, importing its history is easy, using either:
- a list of historical prices
- a list of historical returns
Daily prices or returns should be used if available. Monthly prices or returns can also be used, however in this case care must be taken if the asset is used in a portfolio that also contains assets with daily pricing. Mixing daily-priced assets with monthly-prices assets can result in misleading performance data for periods not starting or ending at month boundaries.
Examples of accepted formats
The first column is the date (several formats accepted). The second column contains returns or prices.
How to import
- In the application's main screen, click 'Import', then 'Asset'
- Upload the Excel CSV file containing the prices or returns for the asset.
- Choose a ticker symbol for the asset. To easily manage your uploaded assets and differentiate them from other symbols in Kwanti's database, we suggest using a ticker symbol starting with @. For example: @ASSET1.
Once imported, the asset can be used in any of your portfolios.
View or delete assets
From Portfolio Lab main screen, click 'Import -> Asset Excel'. Then, click 'Show previously uploaded assets' at the bottom of the window.
A list appears with the assets you previously uploaded. You can click on any asset to view its detail, or on the delete icon on the right to delete the asset.